Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chirpy for Sunshine Sunday

Is it really Sunday already? What a crazy weekend! We've been debating back and forth whether or not to buy a new fridge. I've been throwing away all our vegetables and thawing our milk as it's been freezing the past two weeks. Then I happened to look in the other day and realized that the temperature control had been cranked to coldest and that's why it's been freezing everything. So here's the dilemma: we've already done all the research and shopping, we shockingly have the money set aside for once, and it's an old fridge on its last leg anyway. Who knows. We'll see:)

Enough boring you here, on to the good stuff! Here is my card for Sunshine's Stamps this week. This little guy is Chirpy. I thought he'd be perfect for a get well card for my uncle who just had emergency bypass surgery last week.

I made this into a shaped card for our Sunshine challenge over on SNR. It's fun, you should try it if you get a chance! It was pretty fun to try - I used a Nestabilities die to cut out the card.


Supplies are image by Sunshine's Stamps colored in with Prismacolor pencils and softened with OMS (trying something new for me). DP by DCWV, cardstock by SU in Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron. Sentiment PTI Mixed Messages. Rhinestones are Kaisercraft from Paper Jewels.
Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

10 comments:

marsha said...

Ooh, how adorable! This is such a cute bird image and I love the turquoise and the saffron!

Hugs, Marsha

Jennifer said...

This is sooo adorable Colleen! I love the layers & colors you chose. Hugs!

JayLynn said...

Neat shape!! I love the scallops :) Very cute card!

Marlene said...

Great job on the shape challenge! Love your card. Chirpy is cute!

Moira said...

So cute - love the shaped card!

Melina said...

I love the shape! great cards :D

Anonymous said...

Colleen!!! How cute!!!

HappyCrafter said...

OMG, what a perky little guy! Very cute!!

Lesley said...

I love the shape of the card, I'll have to try it!

April said...

Great card..I love the shape!