Saturday, November 29, 2008

Butter Balls

It's almost time to bake Christmas cookies! Growing up, we would always make lots of cookies and put them in our mud room in tupperware, so they were always available for company, parties or just for a snack. Butter Balls are one of the cookies that my mom makes every year. They're yummy. It's a tradition I want to keep up for my own family now. So I thought to share and pass on the love:) I love the Christmas season and sharing what we have with others. I'd also think it would be neat to hear about your holiday traditions if you have a minute. And if you have a little more time, you need to go bake some of these cookies!

Butter Balls
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional, but really good)
extra powdered sugar, for dusting

Mix all ingredients together. Shape by hand into 1" balls. Bake at 350 until golden brown. Cool slightly and roll in powdered sugar. (We ususally just toss them around in a plastic gallon baggie with a cup or 2 of powdered sugar).

No comments: