Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birthday Gift Card

Hello! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! We didn't get to go to church this morning, and had to cancel our plans for this afternoon due to a sick child and working husband. Such is life. So making the best of things, we've had a very quiet morning, and I put together this gift card holder for my brother-in-law, whose birthday is today! I borrowed the idea from a gift card holder I received in a swap a while back, but I don't know who it came from, but I really liked it!

I used the sketch from Papertake this week.




I took a 9 1/4 x 4" piece of patterened cardstock and scored it at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2". I cut the piece out at the botton and applied a little bit of adhesive along the left side to keep it together.

Supplies are cardstock by DCWV (Glitter stack), SU Going Grey and DCWV black
Image is a clear stamp, not sure who by, colored in with Copics
Sentiment is PTI inked with Encore metallic silver
Dots are from Stamping Bella
Silver cording is SU
Ink is SU Green Galore and Memento Tuxedo Black
Argyle on the grey is from a Cuttlebug embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Melina said...

Oh! Colleen I love this! I'm gonna have to try these for Christmas :)

Lisa said...

Cool card! I like your take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining us over at Papertake Weekly!

April said...

SUPER cute....I love the colors on the mug and it's a great simple guy card!!! Love it!

Moira said...

Oh - I love this!

Great guy card!!!

Craft Paper said...

This is so cute, I might have to case this! Great image too!!