I cleaned up my craft area the other day and found these two wooden pieces (unfinished) so I decided now would be a good time to finish them!
This was a plain unfinished wooden switchplate cover. I sealed it with a clear acrylic sealer and then added a few coats of white acrylic craft paint. Once that dried, I put dabs of the purple and pink acrylic paints on a paper plate and then laid a small piece of plain muslin over top, then dabbed the stamps on top. The muslin allows only a little paint through so you can get a cleaner image. I took the back end of a paint brush to make the flower centers. When all was dry, I sprayed a satin clear coat over top.
While I did not stamp on this second piece, I did use some stamp supplies! It was a plain wooded flower with the hook attached, prepared same as the switchplate. The paint is just brushed on though. The center of the flower is accented with clear Stickles, and again the whole thing was sprayed with the satin sealer when dried.
Thanks for looking!
Challenge 475 - Family!
1 day ago