Friday, September 19, 2008

Crockpot Italian Roast

I know this has nothing to do with stamping, but I wanted to share it. I love to use my crockpot because it saves so much time and I can throw food in early in the day and clean up and pretty much forget about it until dinner time. Plus it leaves more time for other stuff. Like stamping. This is our favorite roast recipe.

Crockpot Italian Roast Beef

piece of Roast (I like English cut, but any cut and size that will fit into your crockpot works)
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet au jus gravy mix (or if you want to save on sodium, omit and make your own gravy at the end)
up to 4 pepperoncini peppers, sliced; remove seeds for less heat. we like it spicy.
baby carrots (no peeling or slicing involved)
small red potatoes or your preference

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Put roast in bottom of crockpot. Layer in carrots and potatoes. Mix italian dressing (dry) and us jus (dry). Add 2 cups water and stir. Pour over crockpot contents. Add peppers. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

Absolutely delicious!

No comments: